Saturday, September 09, 2006

Comments on the BSU loss

The Beaver's got their asses handed to them by Boise St. again this year! Some no-name running back raked in 240 yards against the Beavers Defense! It was a pathetic effort by OSU without a doubt. I did not think that the EWU win was a good one like many other people thought. I saw all kinds of holes, and so did Boise St. Ian Johnson also had 5 TD's!

If this isn't a sign that the Beavers need a revamped coaching staff, I don't know what is. BSU is not a Top 20 program, and there is no way they should have run up and down the Beaver's backsides like they did Thursday. Mark Banker is definitely in the cross hairs of a sniper right now. He can feel the red dot of a laser beam right on his temple. Why is the pressure on for Banker? Because the Defense has been slipping in terms of performance and recruiting over the last 2-3 years. The inconsistent results are obvious. Plus Riley will have to offer up something to OSU administration in order to keep his job this off season.


Matt Ciaffoni at Beavers Blog wrote about Mutiny today. I agree with his assessment that Mike Riley and Matt Moore are not the answer if this is going to be a bowl season. Matt suggests the Butch Davis might be the answer. I don't think there is a chance in hell that ole Butch would go all the way to the cold, damp, green, pacific northwest. The only reason a big name like Erickson took the job at OSU was because he was a local. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a coach like Butch Davis, but I am not holding my breath.


Riley has never impressed me. His demeanor and lack of consistency annoys the piss out of me. I firmly believe that a football team mimics their head coach. Whether your talking about personality or IQ or EQ. Riley reminds me of the athletic but inept local Corvallis donkeys I played pick up basketball against while I attended OSU.



Riley just doesn't have the swagger to lead. Recruiting is also suffering under Riley. How many recruits specified that they signed with OSU because of Mike Riley last year? None.



Erickson used to be sited all the time, see Chad Johnson, TJ "Who's your Mama?", and Steven Jackson.

What's my prediction for the Beaver's at this point? 7-6 Maybe.

No comments: