Sunday, September 24, 2006

Riley must be reading my blog













I said before that Riley needed a 48-0 win. Maybe he was listening, because he came damn close. The Beavers put together an ok victory in my opinion. The way that the Idaho's QB played, I think my local highschool could've given them a run for their money-and probably win. Idaho turned the ball over more than Derek Anderson on his worst nights. Yvenson Bernard ran for 117 yards and a pair of touchdowns, but I was impressed with Clinton Polk. He reminded me of Marcus Allen in running style. He just needs to learn how to switch the ball from one hand to another, then he could stiff arm most of the sub 6' db's he'll encounter. Canfield was 4 for 4 in mop up duty. But again he looked much more fluid and accurate than Moore. Moore was average at best. His mechanics are just weird, plus he isn't mobile.

I will give the defense credit for at least pitching a shut out. That is never easy to accomplish these days. Sadly, the Pac-10 schedule is full of better teams that won't roll over like the Vandals did.

Usc beat Arizona

Washington vs. UCLA

Longshore's four TD passes push Cal to win in Pac-10 opener



No comments: