Sunday, August 24, 2014

Tom Holmes, OSU Football Player

With all the social media about the ALS ice bucket challenge, it's important to me to remember a great Oregon State football player who died of ALS too young. Tom Holmes played defensive tackle for Oregon State 1991-1995. I only got to know him in 1991, my senior year. He was one of the nicest players I've ever met. I am not saying that because of the hoopla with ALS, he was really the nicest ever. On the field, that was a different matter.

 

I am all for the ice bucket challenge. Anything to bring awareness to this horrible condition is worth it in my opinion.

PS- the deal with the challenge is that you either take a full ice bucket over the head or you donate $100 to ALS, aka Lou Gehrig's disease. Each video, post, etc to social media is worth $$, depending on reach, easily $100. This disease sucks. Make it go away in your own way. My family and friends did this......




To help wipe out this BS disease- Donate here



No comments: