Saturday, December 09, 2006

Riley is a Donkey


Either De Carolis is asleep at the wheel or Riley is full of it. Riley is supposed to be wrapping up a contract extension with OSU, but instead the news this week is that he is considering the ASU job. This is not a simple story, NFL agent David Dunn is negotiating for Riley, Lisa Love is the AD for ASU and knows Riley from his stint at USC, Erickson and Mike Price are the other candidates, Riley is taking a second interview with ASU, Riley's current compensation package is below the national average, and where does that leave us? The Beaver Nation?

SOL.

I again maintain my opinion that Riley isn't going anywhere. I am surprised that it's taking as long as it is. I think this is definitely going to hurt recruiting. That is the real shame of this situation. OSU stood to get a lot of great recruits this season, but that doesn't look likely now.....

OSU needs to hurry up and sign Riley....I just hope it's worth it. I am not a fan of bringing Erickson or Price to OSU either. If Riley goes to ASU, we should get a young and hungry coach from the west coast.




Tags:

, , , , , , ,

No comments: