Tuesday, October 16, 2007

You fell for the "Jedi Mind Trick" Tedford



I think that Mike Riley got into the head of Jeff Tedford during the game Saturday.

Why do I say that? Because I think Jeff Tedford was sloppy in his goal line strategy against OSU. When Cal had first and goal and they couldn't get it in, it was pathetic coaching the caused it. Yes, OSU's defense made the plays, and I love 'em for it, but Cal could've ran at least one play action counter bootleg. I think Tedford over analyzed the play calls because he was so spooked by Riley.

I think Mike Riley's gambling attitude pressed Tedford into making some high risk decisions. I am sure Tedford remembered the Sun Bowl. It was a flash of true big game glory in the back of his mind. He wished he had the balls Mike Riley had in going for it. During the game Saturday, Riley was gambling and winning again. I am sure Tedford's ego clicked and he got tweaked.

Mike Riley got into Jeff Tedford's head saturday. He used Jedi mind tricks to take him out of his game and it showed.

Ted, if you are reading this blog, here's a clip of true big game glory, keep this vision in the back of your mental rolodex:




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are so many sweet parts to this clip. The way Daniel was sporting that towel on his head in the traditional "nothing left to do but celebrate" fold. (He'd been doing that since before OSU's TD drive.) Andy Stewart's mondo block. That look of despair on the Tiger player's face. And of course the way the announcer totally blew the extra-point play.

Man, what a great year that was.