Sunday, November 12, 2006

I was on the sideline of the OSU vs. UCLA game
















Ah yes, as I mentioned before, I had sideline passes for the OSU game this weekend. Mucho thanks to Phil Hammitt for hooking me up. He and I used to play football for OSU back in the character building years. I played tight-end and Phil was my backup. His nickname was and is "Spam", and mine is "Meat". "Spam" was an orginal play off of Phil's last name, but since Phil had to one up me-he came up with "Meat". I will speak no further on this subject...but it is more interesting than the UCLA game yesterday. The Beavers got thumped 25-7 by the cute little Bruins. The score was 13-7 at halftime, with UCLA holding a slim lead. Turnovers played a huge factor in the loss.

Being on the sideline had it's perks. I stood in and among the players the whole game. I was there for pregame and the end(sort of...I had to piss so bad, we left with a few seconds remaining).


Before the game Phil and I decided to chow on some Carne Asade sandwiches from a sub shop in Redondo Beach(sorry can't remember than name). We buried a few beers before heading towards the OSU Alumni tent.







After a few beers the walk to the stadium looked kind scary, so we decided to carry a 12 pack with us...we had to keep the fluids going......so we didn't start to cramp during the game.


















The view walking into the ground floor tunnel entrance onto the field of the Rose Bowl. This is still a great stadium and a great field to play on.















This is the a view coming out from the tunnel, OSU is warming up in the visitors endzone. Phil and I mingled. Sadly the Beav's were not fired up for this game for some reason. It was apparent to Phil and I early.

Ok, I am going to post more pics and my comments on the game-which we should have won. I have some issues with some players. I will name names....since no one reads this blog anyway. Some players are serious head cases and are lost in space. Some of it is coaching, and some of it is the players. UCLA was not that good. Worthy of a victory? Yes, but the game could have had a completely different outcome if not for a few key plays.

L8,



Tags:

, , , , , , ,

No comments: