Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cal Fans



I live in the SF bay area, and I have a lot of friends who went to Cal. I like all of them, they are great friends.

But there is something different about Cal fans/alums. They have been through so many ups and downs over the years, and in general they are all real smart intellectually.

But they are f**ked up in that they expect the worst, and hope for the best. I am talking about people who have been around more than one decade. I have no idea about the newbies.

I went to the OSU vs Cal game at Berkeley in 2005, with a friend who was a Cal grad. At first he was quiet. As the game went on he was more engaged. Sorta of rooting for his team. Then Cal started getting it's ass kicked.

He was cheering for OSU midway through the 3rd quarter.

I gave him a lot of sh*t. I told him he was not allowed to support the opposing team. We didn't want his support.

No comments: